Thursday 3 May 2012

Second run - A bit of spree

3rd May 2012

Just short of 5Km – 24.46mins. Started approx 4.30pm

Quick run before picking the kids up from a variety of charitable friends (except Donovan who attends a nursery which, if you saw the fees, is less than charitable!) Jogged to the Albert Park Run start line as a warm-up. Tough going first lap and seriously considered just doing the one but felt decent by the time I got round so carried on. Stopped just short of the finish (near the gate) so estimated the time would have been about the same, if not a little faster than Tuesday. Didn’t really feel it though, felt slower as my legs had not quite recovered from the first run. I guess I could apply this estimating to all my training and just not run at all. “If I’d only made it to the park and ran ten laps I estimate I would have done it in…a new record!”. Hoping, Friday’s drinking session pending, to run park run this Saturday still. Aim for 26mins. I am also determined to reduce my use of exclamation marks in these posts.

Soundtrack – The Polyphonic Spree “The Fragile Army” 7/10. A heavier sound, ironically, than the classic “Together We’re Heavy” but actually a bit more successful for a quick run – when the iPod isn’t playing up and skipping half the album. 


Also you can sponsor me... Here

No comments:

Post a Comment